Workstations: My Two Cents

I came to realize in my high school years I needed a place to do my homework.  This need translated mostly to the kitchen table or maybe the computer desk if I needed to do research.  My first years of college I was issued a desk in the dorm I lived in.  When the time finally came to moving out on my own, I had to make a decision.  What type of work space would I want to have?

This type of question might seem simple enough.  I certainly thought so at the time, not much later I realized it was not such a simple question.  For me I was tired of the desks with all of the crap and shelving added.  I wanted a simple desk, a minimalist desk so to speak.  

Example of a desk which drives me crazy

I searched everywhere in the stores and online with no success.  All I could find were terrible desks which would drive me crazy.  I had one final hope with my search: IKEA.  First of all let me say IKEA is a really interesting store (if you go make sure you buy some Swedish meatballs from the cafe there!).  There are all sorts of demo layouts of their products; I know many stores do this, but I feel many of IKEA's products have a minimal elegance to them.  Anyways I found their line of Micke products, and decided on buying the desk.  

My current setup


The desk is a two-toned black and white desk with two large drawers to store your office supplies and such.  I also purchased the roller cart of the same product line for two extra shelves and another drawer.  The construction of the two pieces was a relatively simple task.  This workstation has plenty of space and no clutter with all the extra shelves and crap on the top! There is plenty of space for me to do my work and homework on the desk while still keeping everything in place and in my opinion it is not an eyesore.  If you are interested in decreasing the clutter of your workstation I encourage you to look for a simple yet effective desk similar to this one.

Links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Construction Zone Safety and Common Sense

Red v.s. Blue

Track Tuesday