Thirsty Thursday: Drink of the Week

Okay, I realize I have been a terrible blogger lately.  This is my first post in a little over a week; however it will be the first of the weekly (maybe) drink review.  Here I will try a new drink and tell you my experience and method of preparation.  I will drink so you don't have to!
  
This weeks drink is:

The Caruso

I stumbled upon this drink and rather enjoy the cool mint taste at the end of a sip.
The Caruso, it's green so it is legitimate.
First of all it is green and it actually has a pleasant taste.  So now that I have you all convinced to partake, here are the materials you require:

Cocktail Shaker - a bar essential (I own three for those of you wondering)
Jigger - measurement tool, typically measures out 1 and 1.5 fluid ounces
Ice- chilled drinks are a necessity
Glass of some sort -  I like Martini glasses (An old-fashioned martini is my vice what can I say)

Gin -  what ever brand/quality you desire
Dry Vermouth - you could try it with sweet if you so desire
Creme De Menthe - clear variety works, however it is not as cool as green (See image above)

Fill the shaker about half full of ice
Add 1.5 Fluid ounces of Gin
Add 1.0 Fluid ounces of Dry Vermouth
Add 0.5 Fluid ounces of Creme De Menthe
Shake until properly mixed (I usually shake until water starts to condense on my steel shaker)

Pour and enjoy.  For those gin haters out there, it is hard to taste the gin with the vermouth and the creme de menthe present.  Try it, I dare you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Construction Zone Safety and Common Sense

Red v.s. Blue

Summerset Music Festival 2013