DIY: Milk Liquor!

Okay, I realize that some (or perhaps all) of you will read that a couple times and think milk liquor sounds disgusting.  It does not have to be!  The recipe (found on the website The Kitchn) looked interesting so I thought I would attempt to make this.

When finished the liquor has a sweet taste to it and has an almost dandelion yellow hue to it.  The short version of this recipe is as follows:

2 cups of vodka
2 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of 2% milk (whatever your type of milk is most likely fine, I had this in my fridge)
0.5 lemon (peel included)

Mix all of the ingredients into a container and let sit in a cool and dark place, shaking it once a day for ten days.  After a few days the milk will start to curdle and separate from the mixture with the help of the citrus.  After ten days the product will be ready for straining.

I used cheese cloth this time around (when I made the banana rum earlier this year I found that coffee filters are a huge pain) and strained the mixture until all the solids were gone.  After the liquor is all strained pour it into a new container and put in the fridge (personal preference).

The finished product

Now sit back and enjoy this interesting and sweet combination of flavors.  Do you have any favorite recipes or ideas for a flavor infusion, let me know in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red v.s. Blue

Construction Zone Safety and Common Sense

Track Tuesday