Vice President visits Eau Claire

Hello there everyone.  I am still intending on updating this blog; however it is getting hard to do so with the amount of homework I have right now.  I will of course try to keep this blog as updated as possible.


Well today the Vice President of the United States came to Eau Claire to give a speech today.  I was very excited to hear of the visit and promptly snagged a ticket and almost instantly decided to skip my classes today (they were all during the event).  I mean who knows if I will ever have another chance to do this again.

Blurry picture of VP Joe Biden in Zorn Arena


The speech took place in Zorn building on the UWEC campus.  The line to get into the building was extremely long but props to the organizers for getting everyone into the building in a timely manner.  I could not believe how much security was present; I know it was for the VP Joe Biden but there were lots of cops, and secret service everywhere.

Zorn was quite packed this morning


Biden's speech was well done in my opinion he spent a good majority of it talking about education, taxes, and health care.  He did take time at the beginning of the speech to remember the American ambassador and three others who were killed when the embassy in Libya was attacked earlier this Tuesday.

I was happy to see Biden offering up Obama's plan for the next four years instead of spending the entire speech attacking Romney.  While he did take time to dissect Romney's plan and show his criticism's of the plan it was less of a republican bashing speech.  This is a great thing, as it allows the american people to see what Obama is planning for the next four years if he is re-elected.

I will not run through a play-by-play of the entire speech as I will link a video of the speech as it is better to hear the speech yourself instead of my recollections of it.  I was really glad I was able to see Biden speak today.  This being the first time I have actually been to a political speech like this so it was a completely new experience for me.  It will be interesting to see how the rest of the election campaigns go and remember get out and vote on November 6th!


Here is the video of the speech this morning (linked from C-Span):

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Construction Zone Safety and Common Sense

Red v.s. Blue

DIY Banana Rum